Translate

Thursday 23 June 2011

Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

Here is Baby Swing in all it's glory!  This photo is taken without the flash.  The colours are better and more true to life although the fabric is more green than this.
This one was taken with the flash to show off the metallic and beads a little more.  You can also see the mossy log more clearly.  That was lovely to stitch, 2 different blends and 2 plain colours.
There are little beads along the bottom of the wings, I subbed the recommended for some I had in my stash as I only needed 18.  The little jingly bells are too cute for words, they were a bargain, 99p for 10 from a new craft store in town.  Don't get too excited - it's mainly papercraft and scrapbooking although they do have the DMC display rack from my now defunct LNS, it was like seeing an old friend!
I also added little yellow beads in the centre of the flowers.  They were not listed but the picture definitely had something yellow there and again I had a dozen yellow beads in a little bag.  Throw nothing out!

Hello to my new followers, the IHSW seems to bring people together.  Hubby laughed when I said we all hermit together, doesn't that defeat the object of the word "hermit"?  Charlie is so excited to have found my blog, I love her's too.  We found the forums and blogging about the same time, seeing her blog, how much people liked it and how much fun it seemed helped inspire me to start my own.  That and the fact that I desperately want to enter the TUSAL next year!  Charlie and I have TTUSALs - totally totally useless SALs.  I will post a pic of my ORTS jar at the end of this month as it's half way through the year.

The Gift of Stitching online magazine is running a competition this week, see their blog for details.  They are also doing a special offer of 3 issues for $3 at the moment.  Mention my name and I get a free month added to my sub.  I heartily recommend this magazine, I found 5 new websites from one issue alone.   There are lots of charts in each issue and it arrives in your inbox in seconds!  Great for people with postal strikes.

17 comments:

Topcho said...

Oh, oh, oh, this is just way too cute for words! The beads, and thye bells, and the lianas and the ropes, and the sparcling, and everything - such awesome work!!! <3

Jenny said...

Dancing with you! That is totally adorable and absolutely stunning!

Lissanne said...

This is so cute!! I love the bells and the ropes of the swing look, and those flowers!! You did a fantastic job! Congrats on such a great piece.

SnowySticher said...

congrats your piece is so adorable

Anonymous said...

Awwww! It is so gorgeous and adorable! You did a great stitching job. Congratulations on your finish.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Julie said...

Fantastic work! What a cute piece, you must be so proud of this, and rightly so. x

Gabi said...

Gorgeous finish. Congrats. I biggified the picture to admire all the details. Just gorgeous!!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Gorgeous. Congratulations on your finish. I still love the mossy log, it is so realistic...and I love the bling.

wendy111 said...

It is gorgeous, I love the bells! Congrats on finishing and I am sure your friend will love it

sarams1987a said...

verry nics done

Giovanna said...

Congratulations!! It's a really gorgeous finish.

Mouse said...

ohhh it is sooo cute :0 love the bells ...isn't it lovely when things come together and get all done the way you imagined it :) love mouse xxx

anojaa said...

Cute baby! wonderful finish, well done!

Anne said...

Adorable! I love the added jingle bells and the yellow beads! Nimue has the cutest designs. I agree with you about the IHSW. It introduced me to a bunch of new blogging friends and it was fun to hermit together! I also love the TUSAL but wanted to enter too late, so I kept my clippings in some pots and have been thinking of posting pics of them too.

Happy Dance!!
Anne

Susan said...

Congratulations on your finish! It is really too cute and the detail is amazing. I'm going to keep this one in mind, not that I expect to need it soon, as it's so hard to find out of the ordinary baby announcement type patterns.

Joysze said...

CONGRATULATIONS, JO!!!!!!! Oh.... isn't the baby just TOO CUTE for words. I'm sooooo happy for you. :D *dance, dance, dance!*

HAHAHAHAHA, your hubby's comment cracked me up. Tell him that since we all live so far apart, we're hermitting in the true sense of the word.... but we're all together in spirit. ;)

Joy said...

I am so excited for you. That is the cutest design ever. Congrats!!!