Translate

Tuesday 11 October 2011

10 Things you might like to know about me

Idea courtesy of Jan's Thread Garden

1. What was the last film that really moved/disturbed/thrilled you and why?
Not sure about the last, but the first was High Wind in Jamaica about a group of children who get kidnapped by pirates.  At the end the girl has to give evidence against the pirate chief in court.  I was in floods!  Silkwood also moved me.

2.If you could be given ANY gift what would it be?
The ability to swap places with people and influence their actions (for good of course!)

3.What's your favourite way to wake up and what's the first thing you do?
The large boy comes in for a cuddle every school day, great way to start the day.


4. What crafts have you done?
Cross stitch (obvs), needlework, hardanger, latchhook rug making, cutting and sticking with toddlers, clay (at school).


5.  What were you doing before you started this?
Having tea, will do the washing up when I've finished this.

6. When was the last time you cried laughing?
How sad, I actually can't remember.  One time at work I was trying to tell someone about our nickname for an unpopular member of the team and had hysterics!  It's usually when I'm with a group of friends and we're just exchanging banter.

7.What did you want to be when you were little?
I still have the school book with this in - a teacher, an astronaut or a police officer.  I certainly didn't want to be an insurance broker which is what I was for 17 years!

8. What is your current favourite TV programme?
LA Ink with Kat von D, also like Miami Ink, London Ink and New York Ink - spot the connection.
Tonight I'll be watching Mary Queen of Shops and tomorrow Grand Designs.  Love both those too.

9. What would you name yourself?
Something more interesting than "Jo" but I don't know what, hence my commenting name - Jo who can't think of a clever nickname.  I would love a clever nickname.  One friend used to call me Josephine instead of Jo which was fine from her.  I loathe Joey, it's a budgie's name.

10. What characteristics do you hate about yourself?
I cannot motivate myself to do housework and I don't earn enough to pay someone else to do it!

If you enjoyed this post and want to join in then copy and paste to your blog, let me know in the comments section.  If you're too busy then pick one question and answer it in my comments section.

Happy Thinking!



ooo, can't have a post without a picture, don't think I've shared this one - it's an Emily Peacock tattoo swallow for my little cousin.  Kind of relates to Q8

9 comments:

kate n said...

Hey Jo, I had a go at the questions and struggled! :)

cucki said...

sweet post..i will surely answer them on my blog too..they are so much fun..
and i love your cute stitching..hugs cucki xx

Christine said...

Fun post! The last film that had me so excited I nearly forgot to breathe was the new Star trek one. I am a very sad geek, its true!

Giovanna said...

Interesting read :-)
Cute card! Emily Peacock makes some gorgeous designs.

Rachel said...

I just stole this and posted on my blog. Stop over and read it, if you dare! :)

Susan said...

Fun post! Thanks for the look into Jo! Love the bird.

Joysze said...

Last film that thrilled me was Captain America... for the promise of The Avengers. :)

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Ho Jo, Ia m a new follower and love your blog and your work. I loved your answers and especially number 10 because I am the same!!! LOL Look forward to visiting you often!

Jan Gartlan said...

So much fun to read your answers :)