Translate

Thursday 8 March 2012

March WIPocalypse

Here's the round-up for the progress since the last Full Moon.

Part 1 - My 12 in '12

1. No progress on Green Goddess

2. Completed "T" on the Dark Alphabet, I added an extra "bump" to this block, there was a gap and it felt right to me.  Currently stitching on "U" which is a doozy!

My scanner is making things a little blurry in places.  The Things are, of course, Ghosties and Ghoulies and Long Legged Beasties which go Bump in the Night.

3. No progress on My Lovely Sewing Tools, unless you count printing off the charts!

8. and 9. Two Baby Samplers.  Designs now chosen thanks to Cross Stitcher Magazine.  There was a lovely Alphabet Sampler in one issue and a picture of the "Guess How Much I Love You" hares in the next.  Sorted.  What do you mean - I've got to stitch them?


Part 2 - Just Nan-a-thon

Finished and Framed Spring Peepers
Finished and mailed the Round Robin
Framed A Breath of Spring and hung on the wall (finally!)

This is the companion to Winter Romance and is stitched on the same fabric.  I plan to have the relevant season on display throughout the year.  This looks a little lumpy and bumpy but it looks better in real life.

Part 3 - Theme-a-licious: Fan-Girl February and March Madness

I stitched my Just Nans and my Joan Elliott Round Robin for February.

For March Madness I plan to stitch as many different designers as fit in my schedule (how's that for a fudge?!)

So far we have:
Julie from In the Company of Friends (Dark Alphabet)
Chez Elisa for the Needlecraft Haven Freebie Challenge
Debra Page for the WOCS Daffodil Flower of the Month card (see below)
Sandy from San Man Originals for her Little Quilt Shop

So that's four in 8 days - not bad for me!

This is another of the backstitch and colour in techniques.  I actually coloured all of this one in rather than just high lights like the other two.  I felt it needed it because the yellow was paler.

Now a little moan.  I showed a friend my Dark Alphabet this afternoon.  And she kept touching the stitching!!!  In the end I had to say something "You can tell you're a crafter not a stitcher"  "Why's that?"  "Because you keep touching the stitching.  Cross stitchers don't do that".

I did at least get an apology!  Apparently it's because the speciality stitches make it more 3D and you need touch them to appreciate them, it's a compliment to my stitching.  NO YOU DON'T AND NO IT ISN'T.  lol (but only a little bit, this is serious).

and she didn't even look at the back once.  Definitely not a stitcher!!

Finally, if you'd like Madame Muriel to come and spend some time with you then please leave a comment on her post here.

21 comments:

MoonBeam said...

Lots of fun projects. Keep up the good work.

Bobbi

CalamityJr said...

You have been one busy lady! Can't wait to see the finishes!

Joysze said...

Ooooh "T" is spoooooooky. Love the Just Nan!! :D

DOH!! I'm sorry your friend molested Dark Alphabet. Tell her that specialty stitches get fuzzy when molested. LOL!!

Unknown said...

Great work on many varied projects! Whoo Hooo!

Julie said...

Love the "bump"! I might have to go back and add that in to the chart - it looks just right!

I know just what you mean about people touching - there really is something about the texture of things to make people touch, but of course, we stitchers would NEVER do such a thing, hahaha.

Julie

Diane (di) said...

Jo, everything looks wonderful and I really like Dark Alphabet. So cute!

Christine said...

I love the Things that Go Bump in the Night!
When I used to exhibit my designs at Stitches I was always horrified by how many people would come up and touch the stitching, you would think shop owners would know better!
Great finish on the JN, I love her older designs with all the speciality stitches

Giovanna said...

All your stitching is lovely, but Darkie is always my spooky favourite :-) Lovely version of the T.

Susan said...

Beautiful stitching. "T" is perfect - I've collected but not started that sampler(?) I have the same plans as you for the Just Nan season samplers, to hang as appropriate, now to stitch them. I may have to do a Just Nan year sometime soon.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a fun post! Your "T" looks great and I like the addition of "bump" in it as well. Your JN finish looks great and your card is darling!

robindefender said...

Love your dark alphabet. I know what you mean about people touching your stitching. My boss started touching a sampler I'd hung on the wall in my office. It was my first day of work, so I didn't say anything to him, but you'd better believe I was watching him like a hawk the whole time!

Congrats on all your progress.

Deb said...

Lots of great finishes!!! I like your idea of season samplers!! Spring look gorgeous!!!

Ewa said...

Yikes! Not even Boyfriend pets my stitches! You protect your work!

Which is, by the way, beautiful!

Anne said...

Great progress Joe!!! Loooove that card!! That's so ingenious to colour inside the backstitched lines!! Hmmmm...mind if I use that method sometime? I would definitely accredit you to being the original genius!!

Isobel -Argante- said...

Wonderful projects!!!!
Have a lovely week end :-)

Isobel The Primitive Hare

Topcho said...

Lol, I'm loving the bump!! And poor little speciality stitches being so rudely toched XD I guess I'm less picky about this kind of things than I should be. Totally my bad as I really should look more after my works My grandma has it for us both. She tried to put clear plastic bags on my handmade Christmas tree decorations before hanging them to prevent people from touching them. I thought that was a liitle bit too much XD And the framed Just Nan is so beautiful <3

The Crafty Princess said...

Cool post. It made me actually LOL when I read about your touchy crafter non stitcher friend. No decent stitcher would ever pass up looking at the back!!!! My mum looks at the back before she even bothers with the front. Great progress - love the dark alphabet!

Julie said...

I love nut brown hare, i have the book! looking forward to seeing that baby sampler.
First thing I do when I look at stitchers work is turn it over, don't we all lol
Well done on your projects.

Unknown said...

I love your T, i hope to see more of these letters.

Hugs Yvon.

Kaisievic said...

Love your "T" - Your Dark alphabet is looking fabulous.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D