Translate

Sunday 10 June 2012

Summer Postcard Blog Hop


Here's a fun activity for the whole of this Summer -


The Summer Postcard Blog Hop.

All you have to do is email me a stitched picture of something Summery or Holiday themed plus a postcard type message.  Once I have a few I will start emailing them to the other participants who will post the picture and message on their blog.  I will have a list here so everyone can hop around looking at all the blogs and cards.

The pictures can be anything you like.  It could be a Summer Season piece, a Summer themed sampler, something beachlike, or seasidey, a picture of somewhere you've been or would like to go to, a John Clayton or Michael Powell picture, an activity you like to do on holiday, sailing, horse-riding, gardening, stitching!!

The message can be serious, what you would write on a genuine postcard telling us about the picture, or it can be humourous, recalling a past holiday or one you would like to take.  Maybe your thoughts on what this time of year means to you.

If it's Winter where you are then feel free to send in a Winter Holiday themed picture!

You don't have to stitch something new for this activity, you may have something perfect in your stash already, this could be a great chance to share an old favourite with us.

My email is in my profile, leave a comment on this post to let me know if you're planning on joining in.  I'll take entries from now until 31st August and will have a special page dedicated to the postcards.  Feel free to copy and paste the sunset picture onto your own blog with a link to my page, and invite your followers to join in too.  The more the merrier!

Here's a Summer Sampler to round off the post:

13 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely idea Jo :) I will be emailing you shortly. I love your summery sampler.

#HeatherMakes said...

I love your summer sampler! Well done :-)

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's a lovely summer sampler!

Anne said...

Love your idea Jo!! I'll email you separately to join in the fun :D

Gorgeous, bright, and happy sampler!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, I'm new to the blogging world and LOVE this idea!! I'll be sending you my pic and message seperately. I'm glad I came across your blog! Great sampler!

Anonymous said...

Sorry - I meant to leave the name of my blog: graspthestars1.blogspot.com Stillt rying to figure this out ;)

Anonymous said...

Me again.. I'm not sure why but I can't get to your email address.. please email me at graspthestars@gmail.com and i'll reply back with my pic and note - thanks!!

The Crafty Princess said...

Hey Jo! I'm one of the ones enjoying winter atm. I would send a pic but my fingers are too frozen to work a camera!! LOL! I'll see if I can find a summer one as it may warm me up. Love your summer sampler, looks fantastic! Alicia xo

Christine said...

Great idea Jo, I'll have to put my thinking cap on!
Count me in

Diane (di) said...

Ooo, love the colors in this sampler Jo.

Mouse said...

count me in will email you asap with something :) love mouse xxxxx

Jan Gartlan said...

Thanks for including Winter bloggers! I'll join in but will have to stitch something so I had better get busy! I always enjoy your blog events.

mdgtjulie said...

What a great idea, Jo. And I have the perfect piece, if I can find a piccy of it... It's a little summer seaside scene I made for my brother's bathroom. It's small, but fits the nautical theme perfectly. I think I have it in one of my albums on Multiply......