Translate

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Why are finishes like Buses?

You don't have one for weeks then two come along at once!!

Yesterday I finished both my daytime and my evening projects.  For those that don't know I have a smaller easier project to stitch during the day when the boys are about.  Then I have a larger more complex project for after bedtime when I can concentrate and lay my charts out to follow what I'm stitching.


This is a Thank You card for the Small Boy's Outreach Worker, she leaves us at Christmas.  It's based on a Joan Elliott design from the Women's Wit and Wisdom book.  I added the words using the alphabet provided and stitched part of the larger design.  I stuck a photo of the Small Boy inside.

The larger project is the latest in the Band Sampler Round Robin.  This is Kathy's piece.  She had all the Sweetheart Tree Hearts and decided now was the time to get them stitched.  I chose the Mayflower Heart.  I love the colours in this one.  They're actually quite similar to the colours used for the Joan Elliott card!

Here's my heart in close up:


And here's the whole thing before it goes off to sunny Australia then back to Kathy:


There's a little gap in the centre of each heart for Kathy to add a charm.

Finally, I hope you're enjoying the Advent Calendar each day and reading the blog posts of the participants.  This year I thought I'd ask the question "Stocking, Sack or Something Else?" to find out  what people leave out for Santa to fill with presents.  So far the score is Stockings 5 - Sack Nil!




23 comments:

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the two finishes - that's another gorgeous RR.

Anonymous said...

Jo,
The Thank You card is so sweet and you did a great job.

I love your heart finish for Kathy. Very pretty.

I am enjoying the Advent Calendar each day to see who it will be and what story they have to share. Thanks!

Kerryp77 said...

That is one beautiful RR, love the card too. Really enjoying the advent blog hop too. Thanks for organising it. X

Shirlee said...

When I read your title I immediately answered "They can put you in the hospital!" I see you were giving a little different take on it though : ) Great finishes ... congrats!

gracie said...

A lovely card and thoughtful too, but then you are thoughtful.

Vickie said...

Your stitching is pretty. The card in particular is stunning.

Karoline said...

Lovely finishes, congratulations

Erica said...

Both finishes are lovely!

Kaisievic said...

Two great finishes - loved your post header - intriguing!

cucki said...

Beautiful finishes ..I love them
Hugs x

Unknown said...

Beautiful finishes and well done on getting them both completed. What's next?

The advent is proving to be great and so good to see other stitching blogs.

Julie said...

A beautiful card for someone who I'm sure will miss your little boy. Another great RR, what a great choice, you stitched a nice addition to it.

Katy said...

Beautiful work! And I'm loving the Advent Calendar too!

Christine said...

Great card, and the RR is really pretty.
Off to put up my advent calendar post now

Mii Stitch said...

Your finishes are so nice!! I love the hearts, they are beautiful

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the finishes! They look great!

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Jo. The RR is really pretty and the card will be treasured.

Nicola said...

Finally a moment to catch up on blogs (I wonder why!?!?!)

Two gorgeous finishes Jo. The small one's out reach worker will treasure her card.

Rachel said...

Love the card! Those hearts make me want to do a round robin!

Anne said...

Oh Jo! What a lovely card for your boy's outreach worker! She will be so tickled pink to receive it!! Gorgeous hearts too!!

rosey175 said...

o man, can I have some of your stitching mojo? I think just a teeeeeeny bit would really kick me into gear!!

Both your card and heart look beautiful and the colors are indeed really similar! I wonder what kind of charm she will pick for each little heart!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Two lovely finishes :D

Valentina said...

You're soo right with finishes being just like buses!! Congrats for both, they're lovely!!