Translate

Saturday 1 March 2014

TUSAL of Gifts

It's TUSAL time again!  For those of you new to blogging, the TUSAL is a project run by Daffycat, click on the button on the right hand bar for more details.

This year I am intending to stitch The Little Stitcher's Twelve Days of Christmas as a monthly project.  Laura has designed twelve charts with a different theme for each one to represent the days of Christmas.  She has invented the different themes herself using her lovely imagination!  The Day of Gifts is actually chart one but I moved them about so that I wouldn't be stitching Snow and Ice in April.

Here is the design as part of my TUSAL photo:


And here is the close-up:


And now the Gift part:


Martha (no blog) is one of the stitchers on the Scarlet Letter Year Blog.  She sent me this beautiful wooden pincushion and hornbook thread holder.  Both items are made by her brother who is obviously a talented wood turner.  The felted wool in the pincushion was made by her sister-in-law.  What a great present, thanks Martha!

Finally, we are approaching Easter which falls late this year, the weekend 18th - 21st April.  I will be hosting my Annual Easter Treasure Hunt again.  Each participant posts a picture of something stitched on an Easter or Spring theme along with a letter I allocate to them.  Over the Easter Weekend everyone hops around like a bunny, finds the Mystery Phrase the letters spell out and reports back here with it.  Prizes for the lucky winners chosen at random.  If you'd like to be a Picture Poster please drop me an email.

Here is the link to last year's Treasure Hunt if you are wondering how it all works - Easter-treasure-hunt-blog-hop 2013



25 comments:

Vickie said...

Sweet, little deer Jo.
I will say those are wonderful gifts! Wow!
ooOoo! I would like to be part of the Easter Hunt please!!

♥ Nia said...

Nice gift :) and a lovely stitching!!
Enjoy your weekend sweetie :)

Unknown said...

Lovely finish! I would love to be apart of the Easter Treasure Hunt!

Jan said...

Lovely stitch'n work and what neat gifts I really like that wooden pincushion.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely gifts - the wooden pun cushion is beautiful. I'd like to join the Easter Hunt.

Lili said...

Sweet finish!!
How pretty the wooden pieces!!

Giovanna said...

Nice stitching, and what a wonderful gift!

Shirlee said...

Lovely gifts & lovely stitching : )

Julie said...

Such beautiful wooden gifts from Martha, how lovely.
The 12 Days are lovely, a nice project to stitch each month.

Susan said...

Lovely finish. Talented work worker indeed! Very nice gift.

Chris said...

Sweet stitching. What a wonderful gift from Martha!

AnaCristina said...

wow Jo!! The welve charts are so beautiful!



http://anacristinap.blogspot.com.br/2014/03/tusal-312-ano-3.html

good week!

Thoeria said...

What beautiful gifts! I do love wood...there's just something warm and homey about the feel of it :)

Shari said...

Beautiful gift. I so love wooden items! Lovely charts too. I'm visiting from Daffy Cat's TUSAL report, and just learned of your Easter blog hop...would love to join in if there is still room! Let me know either way. Thx!

Michelle said...

Lovely gift to have received xx

Karoline said...

Lovely finish and the gifts are gorgeous

jocondine said...

I love the hornbook thread holder !
Will be happy to join your Easter blog hop, always fan of your ideas.
I take great pleasure in reading your articles during my free sunday hours.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh dear, how cute! Lovely gifts too.

Please count me in for the Bunny Hop!

Michelle said...

Sorry didn't realise I could post here for the Blog Hop for some reason I thought I had to email you - please count me in for the Easter Bunny Hop x

Tiffany said...

I would love to take part in this.

Brenda said...

Beautiful stitching and love the gifts you received.

I would love to participate in the Easter Blog hop. Please add my name to the list!

KimM said...

Just became a new follower - and would love to participate in the Easter blog hop.
KimM
WisdomwithNeedleandThread.blogspot.com

stitchersanon said...

What a fantastic idea..I would love to take part!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Hello I am new to your blog, been directed here by another stitchy friend to join your bunny hop along :)... if that is possible :)

I really love your reindeer project, its rather cute. And by the sounds of it there are more to come, for the 12 days of Christmas... looking forward to seeing more.

Really enjoying your blog, have a lovely weekend :)

geeky Heather said...

I'd love to join in the hopping! I am determined to stitch something new for this year!!