Translate

Friday 31 October 2014

Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop 2014


Welcome to the spooky hallowe’en mystery phrase blog hop!

All you need to do is visit each of the following blogs in order, jot down the letter displayed with their Hallowe'en stitched picture then return here and leave a comment telling me the Mystery Phrase.

It'd be nice if you left a comment on their blog too, especially if it's new to you.

I've enabled "moderate comments before publishing" for the next week so no-one can copy anyone else!

There will be a small prize for one person picked at random from the guessers.  People who posted a picture  will get one chance for that and another chance if they make a guess too.

So without further ado,
start the blog hop – enter if you dare…

A Patchwork of Crafts
All XXs
The Alchymyst's Study
Crafty Weasel
Cross Stitch Fantasy
Ishkabibble
Jocondine
Justine's Cross Stitch
Kitten Stitching
My Journey
My Little Corner of Cyberspace
Needles Pins and Dragonflies
Needleworker's Samplings
Stitch Bitch
Stitch Witch Hazel's Stitchy Musings
Today I Found
Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog

and then finally back here for this letter:

S

and this design:

Blackbird Designs - Spell of the Moon

stitched on 32 count Cognac linen using DMC
The moon is stitched n DMC 4090

Don't forget, some of us are on different time zones so if you visit a blog and can't find a letter or picture yet, pop back later in the day.  The competition is open for one week closing 00.01 hours 7th November GMT.


happy hunting!


        
all from Hyraea


Finally, Theme-a-licious and the Just Nan Updates will follow on All Saints' Day tomorrow.





28 comments:

Musicwoman said...

Hi Jo, it seems that I am the first entry of this year.
To calm me down I had a look at this halloween hip hop.


PUMPKINS & BLACK CATS

is the solution I think.

You made my day with your idea and I really enjoyed looking at all these bloggs. I am sure I will do it more often. Thanks from the bottom of my hear for you idea.
Huggs
Judith

gracie said...

Thank you for organizing another blog hop...Happy Halloween

Mii Stitch said...

It was great!! Now I understand how it works I might join for the Christmas one :D (if you are organizing one!).
I've got the sentence!!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Congratulations on a marvelous Halloween Blog Hop :)
I have had so much fun looking at every ones blogs, seeing what they have stitched too... simply brilliant!
After hop hop hopping I have gathered all my letters and come up with..."PUMPKINS & BLACKCATS" it was a lot of fun to collect and take part in :)
Happy Halloween to you!!
Smiles :)

Christine said...

That was fun Jo! I found some great new (to me) blogs to follow.
Some letters not up yet. I can get a few different phrases depending how I fill in the blanks. I toyed with "Pimp, kiss, & blame cats" for a while, but now I've decided to go with "Pumpkins & Black Cats"

stitchersanon said...

Great fun xx Happy Halloween xxxx

Suz said...

This has been really fun and I'm happy to have been able to be a part of it!

I'll throw out a guess (even though not everyone has had a chance to get their letter up), since I think I've figured it out, Wheel of Fortune style ;)

Pumpkins & Black Cats

Musicwoman said...

This was such a fun hopping through all the bloggs. Thanks for this great fun.
I guessed the solution and had written to you.
Love
Judith

EvalinaMaria said...

I missed this one!
There is a couple of letters missing but I think the phrase is 'pumpkins & black cats'

Emma/Itzy said...

Thank you for hosting the fun blog hop again this year, I will have to make sure I have one stitched ready for next year :)

Perhaps I could join in the Advent Christmas Event if you do that again - it is always good fun!

I found a few new blogs to me this time - Thank you! :)

Emma x

Emma/Itzy said...

The phrase is

*drumroll*

Pumpkins & Black Cats

Hooray! \o/

Angela CG said...

I so enjoy your blog hops. I get to find new blogs to enjoy each time I follow. Thank you

Angela CG said...

The phrase is:

Pumpkins & Black Cats

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Hi Jo, that was fun. Pumpkins&blackcats

A few of the hop spots featured both those items.

Linda said...

Another fun blog hop Jo.
The answer is:
Pumpkins & Blackcats or Black Cats

Linda

Katie said...

Finally stopped by to see what this blog hop is all about. I have the words and it's too cute. What a great idea to do to get people to see new to them blogs. I added you to my blog list.

AnaCristina said...

trick or treat?
LOL

rosey175 said...

Oh oh, I got it!

AVOCADOS AND PURPLE DEER

Yay, I win. \(^u^)/

I found a few new blogs this time around; thank you, ma'am! I always enjoy these holiday ones you have.

("pumpkins & black cats", just for safety LOL) Your little stitch is fitting. :D

Karin in CA said...

Hi Jo! Even though AllXXXs hasn't posted her letter yet, I believe the phrase is:
Pumpkins & Black Cats

:) And thank you for the blog hop which introduced me to more patterns I have to have and new SALs to join.

sew.darn.quilt said...

What a fun hop. Thank you for the introduction to so many wonderful blogs.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Good Grief, I forgot to add the Mystery Phrase, too much candy ;)
*PUMPKINS & BLACK CATS*

Diann said...

The phrase is
Pumpkins & Black Cats
I enjoyed visiting the blogs and seeing everyone's projects. I like your Spell of the Moon project. You don't see many Halloween projects stitched on orange-a shame because it looks really good.

Katie said...

The hidden phrase is Pumpkins & Black Cats. Thank you for hosting.

ShelEm said...

That was super fun. I've been a long time skulker but still discovered some new blogs (and some lovely patterns!) Thank you for organizing.


Pumpkin & Black Cats

Unknown said...

Thanks for organising this. I had great fun exploring some new (to me) blogs this weekend. In fact it was the main reason I didn't make a lot of progress with any of my WiPs. But then lack of time is a common theme on most stitching blogs isn't it?

Anyway I think the phrase is
PUMPKINS BLACK CAT

Thoeria said...

Ahhhh......now this was fun! Almost forgot to come back here and give the phrase!
PUMPKINS & BLACK CATS!
Very clever :)

cheryl said...

"Spell of the Moon" is lovely. Thanks so much for hosting the blog hop. The secret phrase is: pumpkins & black cats

jocondine said...

Thank you for this so funny blog hop. All those Halloween charts are so great and so tempting. xxx