Translate

Friday 6 May 2016

May TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time again!  For those of you new to blogging, the TUSAL is a project run by Daffycat, click on the button on the right hand bar for more details.

Here is my ORTS jar posing with the current stitching projects:


On the right we have Nora Corbett's Little Snowy Metallic Gray Cottage:

stitched on 32 count Blue Hydrangea opalescent from Crafty Kitten

The white walls are very boring but once they are done I can move onto the more interesting hedges which are stitched in a Jodyri thread called Emerald Forest.

The piece on the left is a new start for the evenings, a giveaway prize from Vickie called Finger Fun 1 by The Sweetheart Tree.  I had no idea why it is called Finger Fun, that sounds more like a knitting project than stitching.  Anyway, the centre is all over one and then there's some blackwork and some borders and it's very pretty and quite tiny.

stitched on 28 count Platinum linen.

Here is the reason I got a new start - a finish!  This is Byzantine Ornament Number 1 by Teresa Wentzler which I am stitching as part of my 16 Series in '16, part of the Smalls SAL and to fill the Fifth Friday portion of my rotation.

stitched on 28 count burgundy linen.

The photo shows the original ornie as designed by Teresa and you can see I made a couple of changes!  The fabric being the big one.  I used the yellows as charted but changed the accent colour to DMC321 and all the backstitch to DMC's gold 5284.  I also changed the beads to 42011 because I didn't have enough 40557 and I thought they were prettier too.

I also did a little framing this week:

Just Nan - Spring Typography

Because I wanted to get this one up on display now Spring has finally arrived!  I bought a raw wood box frame and painted it using a tester pot of emulsion.  It's a method I've used several times.  Then I added a few stickers to the edge.

Finally the postman delivered a nice surprise:


A postcard from Jocondine who is on her holidays in one of the lacemaking regions of France.  I expect we will hear more on her blog soon.



21 comments:

Stitcher said...

Your cottage is looking great! And I love your Teresa Wentzler piece.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Love your fabric choice and your version of TW's Byzantine Ornament! It's absolutely gorgeous. Super cute framing on Spring Typrography too :)

Bea said...

The TW ornament is beautiful. Love the way the cottage is looking.

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent work on the cottage and congrats on another finish! I really like the red.

Barb said...

I Really want to spend Christmas in that cute little cottage!! Spring looks just lovely in it's frame.

Unknown said...

I love your Frame for Spring. I just read your previous post too and Scream Girls with Eye Lashes is just a must have. Little Snowy Cottage is coming along so quickly. I just had to try some Jodyri Threads and received my first order this week in the mail. Can't wait to stitch with them.

Linda said...

Awesome stitching and framing Jo. I love the color of the green frame.

Linda

Mini said...

Byzantine Ornament looks fabulous. Love the changes you made.

jocondine said...

Hey, back to blogs, your cottage is becoming so nice and the opalescent fabric is such a good choice. Love the Byzantine Ornament too, Very successful job! Bisous

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous postcard from Jocondine and I love your little grey cottage.

Heather said...

Lovely finish and I love the cottage! So sparkly :)

Christine said...

That TW ornament is absolutely gorgeous!

Justine said...

Your Snowy Cottage is looking great - very blingy - as is the gorgeous TW ornament! Great job.

Vickie said...

Wouldn't you just love to stay in that lovely cottage?! So glad you are enjoying the Sweetheart Tree pattern. Spring Typography looks splendid!

Julie said...

The TW is stunning on the red fabric, love that one.

gominam said...

Lovely stitching. Love the cottage and the fabric you used:) What a pretty postcard.

Lili said...

Beautiful progress on "cottage", the snow looks so real ...
Pretty ornie, love the colours that you pick.
The postcard is very pretty.

Brigitte said...

This little cottage gets more and more beautiful. I love the green colour that you added, it complements the house colours in a very nice way. And that fabric colour change for TW's ornament is gorgeous.I love your version a lot.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching - love the trees near that cottage and the finished ornaments looks stunning. I'm curious to see how the new start will turn out, not much to see yet but I won't spoil the surprise by looking it up :D

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching! I love the frame you painted too. Gray Cottage looks beautiful :D

The Crafty Princess said...

Love your little cottage and especially love your frame job on Spring. Pretty Pretty Pretty.
xo Alicia