Translate

Monday 15 August 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness August Link-Up Post


Welcome to the Gifted Gorgeousness link-up post!  The link-up date will continue to be the 15th of each month but I will keep the linky open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time to join in.

The format remains EXACTLY the same as last year so I'm sure you are all aware of what can be included - gifts to and from you; charts, fabric or threads; shoe-horns welcome!

Since my last GG post I have worked on a few gifted pieces:

Elizabeth Shephard by The Scarlet Letter - a gift from Nicola:


I finished this one on the 16th July and added a little personalisation to show it was a gift from NP (Nicola) to JP (me):


Counting Bats by Just Nan - a gift from Epic Mel:


Ghostly Mandala by Ink Circles - fabric is a gift from Rachel:

stitched on 32 count Autumnal Woodland from Crafty Kitten

Gathering Honey by Jannlynn - a gift from and to my friend Sam:


Little Snap Dragon by Kustom Krafts - a gift from Lesley:

stitched on 32 count Murano Evening Sky by Crafty Kitten

I also received a lovely surprise gift myself.  Remember Kim's 60 RAKs for her 60th Birthday?  Seems like her record-keeping isn't quite as good as her stitching and painting because I got a second gift!

A Mill Hill kit, some DMC, gorgeous fabric and a pencil tray

Close-up:


Kim says this porcelain tray is painted in the 18th Century style using 24K gold!

It is just so exquisite, as all Kim's painted pieces are.

We'll do a little GGG this month.  I ordered some Tibetan Silver charms for a couple of projects.  These come in bags of 10 charms all the same.  It is rare I need ten charms so I will pop one of each into a bag and send it to one lucky participant.  All you have to do is link up below and tell me how charming you are!  Or just indicate you'd like to be in the draw.

Just some of the charms I got!


Here is the place for you to link up so we can see what Gifted Gorgeousness you have been stitching so far this year.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field NOT the words "August Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.
And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.
Thank you.  I can amend links if you make a boo-boo though.

*

*

Finally, The Days of Jo's Life Big Birthday Blog Hop was been launched and is taking sign-ups.  The Hop will be on the 17th September.  To take part all you have to do is leave a comment or email me.  Nearer the date I will allocate you a Year of My Life and on the 17th September you do a blog post about that year or that life event in your life or what you were doing at that age (assuming you are that old!).  Also, post something you have stitched which you think I will like.  Lots of people have already signed up but there are still some spaces left if you'd like to be involved.





29 comments:

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Ok, I think I messed something up. I somehow signed up two times and one is from last months post??? I'm sorry, I signed up, my internet crashed, the sign up was gone and now it's ther two times. Can you delete the first one?

Concerning your projects, I love your stitching. The bee hive sampler is so pretty and I love Counting bats. The Mill Hill kit and the pencil tray look great and the fabric is absolutely lovely =)

cheryl said...

Congratulations on your progress & your lovely finish! What beautiful gifts you have received. Please include me in your charming draw & add me to your big birthday blog hop.

Linda said...

Lovely projects and stitching Jo. Can I use Sleeping Beauty for GG. Its a gift for me.

Linda

Katie said...

I remembered to check in. Oh I just love the charms please enter me into your drawing too. Love your beautiful stitching. Your gift is fantastic. Love the pencil tray. So pretty indeed!!

Bea said...

Beautiful gifts from Kim. Love that frame for Elizabeth and counting Bats makes me chuckle.

rosey175 said...

You've had a lot of GG progress and congrats on finishing the Shephard piece a day after the previous GG lol. :D That frame really suits the piece. Lucky you and your second gift~ Pencil trays are awesome already but to have a hand-painted one!

I can never find cute charms around here. I would like to be included in the hat please!

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on finishing, lovely framing and personalizing, and great work on everything else too! Please enter me in the draw as well. :)

Preeti said...

Lovely projects!! You are lucky to get it twice :)

Elfie said...

Yours is such a lovely blog to visit!

Heather said...

Ooo I'd love to be entered thanks Jo! I'm charming because I speak my mind? Or have the humor of a 13 year old LOL. I'm still loving your progress :)

Stitching Noni said...

Oh lucky you... I love that gorgeous tray that Kim sent you - so pretty! Is that going to make 61 gifts she is sending out then!! :o)
Those charms are just so pretty.. how do tell you how charming I am - let me count the ways I can be charming.. ok that's enough of me trying to charm you (I am not very good at it so I will give up!)
Hugs xx

Mini said...

Great GG post Jo! ES looks great in that frame. You have made good progress on all the projects. You know what ,since you have starting stitching Gathering honey ,I see it everywhere..on IG,FB and blogs.
Kim must really love you for sending you a gift second time ;). The tray is exquisite .

Christine said...

Great stitching and gifts Jo, that little tray is so pretty.
I'm not sure I've ever been described as charming but I'm hoping you'll let that pass and enter me anyway

D1-D2 said...

That porcelain tray is gorgeous!

jocondine said...

Scarlet letter is just gorgeous, nice progress on your other stitchings. I'd like to be the "charm-in ... the mail box" one, not sure it means something in English. May be it means my mail box is charming which is right, DH repainted it last year! xxx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching, and congrats on getting the second gift! LOL... I've linked up :D

Barb said...

Elizabeth looks just beautiful all finished and framed. Your other projects are all looking good too.

Gwen said...

Lots of lovely stitching. The tray is very nice

Astrids dragon said...

Bats, ghosts, honey, dragons... love them all! Lovely gift from Kim, I still have to post mine.

Big Birthday Blog Hop? Sounds like fun, count me in.

Lili said...

Your Quaker piece is so pretty!!!
Lovely stitching, Jo!
How cute charms!!

Kerryp77 said...

You did a very quick work getting ES framed already. Looks stunning. Nice to see snap dragon out again. Loving counting bats, it does make me chuckle. Please enter me in the draw. I've also got a giveaway on my blog but not quite a GG one

Brigitte said...

Wonderful progress on your GG pieces. And you have such a lot of them on the go. Again I have to say that I can't join you all - not a lot of stitching going on over here right now. But we will see how it goes next month. Hope dies the last ...

gominam said...

Lovely framed GG piece. Nice to see the Dragon again. Beautiful RAK from Kim:)

Mini said...

All linked up now.

Leonore Winterer said...

You did so much gifted project stitching this month, great work! I finally managed to link mine up, the whole MSFD business is keeping my on my toes...but being a bit scatter brained is so CHARMING sometimes, isn't it? :D

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching on so many GG projects Jo - you really are the Queen of Gifts! Is that charming enough for you?!

Kaisievic said...

Great post, my dear - I love your personalisation on Elizabeth Shepard. Also, a gorgeous painted tray from dear Kim. And look, I have finally posted - yay! Only a few posts behind now - Oh dear, I don't think that I like this working full time! hugs, Kaye xoxox

geeky Heather said...

Lots of lovely progress! I felt like I won the lottery when a piece of Kim's porcelain showed up for me as well!

Julie said...

Last day of the month and I've done a catch up post including GG.
Not been a good month...sorry.
xxx