Translate

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness February Link-Up Post

2017 GG

Welcome to the second Gifted Gorgeousness link-up of 2017!  The link-up date will continue to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.



The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

I have continued to stitch daily on my Joan Elliott 12 Days of Christmas.  This month I completed the Two Turtle Doves, started the left hand Herald Angel and stitched more border.  This kit was a gift from my MIL.


I started and finished JBW's Antique Christmas Trees which was a giveaway prize from someone (sorry, generous person!).

Stitched over 1 on 32 count linen

Of course, the big news is that I started my Chatelaine, Gardens of London which was my Birthday present last year.  I have just stitched with DMC so far, all gifts from Susan.  Look how tiny it looks on this big piece of fabric:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast linen from Crafty Kitten

Rather blurry close-up:


And now it's over to you.  This is where you link up your post for this month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "February Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.  

*

*

I also received a gift last week, an early Birthday present.  Very early - it's not until September!  

Some gorgeous Sparklies fabric, two charts

and a little ornie:


Who sent all this gifted gorgeousness?

The one and only Mouse

Thank you, Mouse, I can't promise to save any of it until my Birthday LOL.  I've been working on a blog project for some time now, adding a page to my Happy Dance blog with all the stitched things people have sent me.  I do hope I haven't missed any!  You can find it here.  I have received some lovely handcrafted things over the years and wanted to have all the photos in one place to remind me of dear friends.

Finally, thank you to everyone who took part in the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop yesterday which was a great success.  Some people managed to hop round yesterday and others were planning to do it today.  Hopefully you all know who your sweetheart is by now!  
Easter Hop in two months time 🐇

28 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for hosting this. Sorry I missed the Secret Swethearts blog hop. Life has been too busy lately.

Elfie said...

I am going to enjoy watching your Advent grow, You always pick such lovely projects.

stitchersanon said...

A lovely post as always. Gorgeousness from Mouse: very nice. Looking forwards to seeing your garden progress xx

Katie said...

It was yet another fun blog hop. Thanks yet again for hosting. I love the package you received. What a gorgeous piece of material that is!! Is the Easter blog hop a stitched picture too? I should get busy picking one out to stitch if it is.

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful stitching and gift! Thanks for hosting. :)

Mini said...

Good progress on both projects. Lovely early birthday gifts from Mouse. I will be posting my GG post on last day of the month as to show my birthday gifts, if any.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Gorgeous gifted stitching this month, Jo! I've linked up :D

Sheryl said...

Pretty gift from Mouse, very thoughtful.

Christine said...

Great gifted projects and such a lovely gift from Mouse

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely early birthday presents from Mouse :)
Great stitching & have fun with the Chatelaine!

Kerryp77 said...

Great progress Jo, such a sweet gift from Mouse too.

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: Nice post, lucky girl getting an early Birthday gift, lovely gifts from Mouse.
Nice stitching projects you have going.

Blessings
Catherine

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Jo. I envy everyone who can stitch on small count fabric. Gardens of London looks great. Nice gifts from Mouse.

Linda

jocondine said...

A real pleasure to see how 12d of Xmas is growing. So, you're now the serendipitous "châtelaine", new owner for those gardens! Congrats! Lovely gift too! xxx

DJ said...

Oooops....I wrote my post on the 14th and set it to automatically post on the 15th, then promptly forgot to link up! Silly me! Thanks again for hosting both the hop and the GG SAL. I am fascinated with your 12 days, and am enjoying watching it come to life. Your JBW tree pattern is just darling...I love things stitched over one! What a lucky gal you are to receive something stitched from Mouse! She is awesome isn't she? It's a beauty!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Jo! The blog hop was a real blast! Thank you for hosting!
12 days is progressing well! Love the JBW pattern!
That is just the sweetest gift from Mouse!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Stitching Noni said...

Oh what a lovely gift from Mouse :o)
12 Day is looking amazing and I love the JBW design. Well done on starting your Chatelaine! I am so looking forward to seeing this one come together over the coming months!
Link is up - late but I made it before the end of the month!
Hugs xx

Bekah said...

Great start on your chatelaine!

Astrids dragon said...

I love your Turtle Doves, so sweet.
Lovely gifts from Mouse, yeah for early gifts!

Leonore Winterer said...

Hi Jo, sorry I'm a bit late but I just linked up my post for the month :)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Hi Jo, I've just added my link for February's GG.
You've made a good start on your Chatelaine and your gift from Mouse is gorgeous.

Justine said...

Lovely gifts from Mouse, I wouldn't have been able to put them away either! Your Chatelaine is off to a good start.

Kaisievic said...

Sorry that i am so late with my post this month, dear Jo.

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful progress on your Chatelaine and sweet presents from Mouse.

Heather said...

Lovely progress! I made it this time!

The Crafty Princess said...

Turtle doves look fantastic. Good job! And a start on your Chatelaine, I'm impressed. I haven't got my nerve up for mine yet. So looking forward to watching your Chatty baby grow. I figured out that I can upload my link from my phone so yay. I'll soon have this Internet thing licked. Lol xo Alicia

Mini said...

I have now linked up.

Vickie said...

Your stitching looks lovely!!!!!!