Translate

Sunday 21 May 2017

Serendipitous Jo and Her Amazing Technicoloured Theme-tas-Stitch Post

Theme-tas-stitch
Theme-tas-stitch is hosted by Kerry

Each month Kerry gives us a theme to stitch to and we show our progress on the 21st of every month.

Monochrome May - Choose a colour and stitch on your projects that contain that one colour.

As you can probably tell from the title, I failed happily at this theme!  I don't have a single monochrome project to stitch right now.  We almost have a rainbow - we have Red, Gold, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet and Pink (instead of Indigo!)

I stitched on pink on Vickie's gift, Just Nan's Memories:


Some lovely blue eggs in Nora Corbett's Gathering Eggs:


Variegated Violet in Brooke's Books' Stitcher's Alphabet:


Red and Gooooooollllllllldddddddddddddd in Joan Elliott's 12 Days of Christmas:


And plenty of green and yellow for Gathering Honey by Jannlynn Designs:


I completed the whole of the bottom left hand corner and the words, top and bottom.


Despite my best efforts I couldn't quite finish the whole piece.  I have some extra bits to do around the lettering and some stalks to add to those floating strawberries.  And a tonne of French Knots on those two plants that currently look like thistles, plus the centre of the strawberry flowers and the blue periwinkle flowers.

Because it's a very loose weave fabric I will be going round the back and trimming all the visible threads, you can clearly see one behind that bee and there are plenty of others.  That will be the last job I do before framing.

So that's my unmonochrome May.  Thankfully, next month is garden themed so this will be perfect.  Except I will have finished it by then!  So it's a good thing I will still have this project on the go:

Day 141 of my Ten-a-Day project.  Just Nan's Spring in the Square:


Finally, in one month's time we will have reached The Longest Day and the nights will start drawing in!  Time for a stitching marathon.  Last year I stitched on every single one of my WIPs during the longest day, swapping projects every 20-30 minutes.  I stitched on a total of 21 projects that day.  This year I plan to beat that as I currently have 23 WIPs (excluding Gathering Honey which will be completed by then).  I have my work rota for June and I'm not working on Tuesday or Wednesday so Tuesday will be prep day and Wednesday will be Marathon Day!  Anyone care to join in?  If Wednesday isn't convenient, pick any other day that week!



22 comments:

Vickie said...

I have stitched that Brooke's Books "V" for myself. :D Spring in the Square is so pretty.

Melinda Forbes said...

Great Month of May Stitching - You are the best at making each Theme work the best for your Monthly Stitching

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on all of your lovely projects Jo. I am going to try and join you this year. But, I don't think I can work on 750. lol

Linda

Barb said...

You don't need monochromatic, you have so many beautiful projects going on. I would love to join you on the longest day but my nasty arthritis only lets me stitch for a few hours a day. I usually do that in the evening. I will think of you stitching away!

RJ said...

Well everything looks wonderful Jo. I love all of your projects and you keep making great progress. I really love the garden stitch at the end Just Nan's Spring in the Square. The longest day sounds like alot of fun and I'm positive you will improve on your record. Great stitching. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever2

Christine said...

You rebel you!
Lots of lovely colourful stitching

Mary said...

Who needs to work with one color when working with so many different colors is so much more fun! Looking forward to watching the progress on the Nora Corbett stitch. Great that you completed 2 finishes also.

If I'm free the longest day I would love to participate, I'll have to kit up a few more projects. I generally don't work on more than 2 at a time. Have a great week, Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

Justine said...

I love your blue eggs, and the pink tulips around the square. Glad I'm not the only one who failed at Monochrome May!
I feel exhausted just thinking about your Longest Day plans...

Kerryp77 said...

Jo, I'd be disappointed in you if you did fit the theme!The Just Nan project is so pretty and you've done so well to get Gathering Honey almost done. I love the Stitcher's Alphabet - I've decided to do that next year. I'll be there on the Wednesday for the longest day. I've got 19 projects so far.

Mary said...

All your wips are so beautiful

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching pieces!! I thought atleast there must be one Halloween monochrome piece. Love the corner snapshot of the gathering honey. So beautiful !
Maybe, you could have tried to post about monochrome stitching by showing what would your chosen project would have looked if it was in monochrome. It would have been fun to see both original and monochrome.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A delightful selection of colours.

Bekah said...

Great progress on all your projects. Gathering honey is so close, I love all the little details. Good luck on your marathon day, I look forward to your collage and pie chart after working on all your projects.

cucki said...

Awesome
Lots of pretty stitching
Big hugs x

Stitching Noni said...

Lots of gorgeous colourful stitching on show! Well done you! :o)
Love the idea of stitching all day.... on our side of the world we will have the shortest day and longest night due to winter, but on the bright side it will mean spring/summer is just around the rather large corner! i will be working on the day.. but I might be able to wangle an all day stitching session on the Sat or Sun though - who knows what the future may bring! :o)
Hugs x

Brenda said...

You have some BEAUTIFUL WIP!!! Now I want to start my JN Spring In The Square!!! Such lovely work!

Lili said...

Beautiful stitching, Jo!
I hope you can stitch on 23 projects on the longest day, good luck!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love Gathering Honey,the detail is beautiful,lovely stitching.Great to see all your wip's Good luck with your stitching on the longest day..you'll set a new record,I'm sure:)

Carol said...

I rarely stitch in monochrome either, Jo, but did do a little spring piece in green last month that I thoroughly enjoyed. Your colorful stitching is all looking amazing--I think those blue eggs are just about the prettiest color in the world :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! I love the themed stitch along, but looking at all those colours is fun too!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great stitching this month, even if it's not monochrome! Gathering Honey looks lovely :D

Katie said...

Finally found some time to read blogs. So far behind as you can see. So glad I stopped by though. So many beautiful projects. Great job on all of them.